As an artist at Humankind, you'll collaborate with other creative people on many projects across various mediums to grow the universe of Humankind. You'll work on developing characters, stories, and environments to bring a new type of storytelling to life.
- Doodle. Doodle. Doodle!
- Create beautiful, exciting, and fascinating environments and characters for the Humankind universe.
- Ability to communicate your ideas, process, and why you made certain art decisions to different teammates.
- Turn rough sketches into polished finished pieces.
- Ability to work and expand on a design system to ensure art consistency across multiple mediums.
- Work closely with product and marketing teams to support their requirements.
- 2+ years of professional experience as a comic maker, illustrator, or concept artist.
- A deep understanding of concept art fundamentals such as anatomy, composition, lighting, color theory, and perspective
- A portfolio showing experience with concept art in character design and environment showcases dope work from past projects.
- Ability to work with autonomy, under almost no supervision, while collaborating and communicating with the team.
- Being detail-oriented, knowing that little pieces make a huge difference.
- You are excited to push the boundaries of your skill and are always ready to learn new things from others or teach what you've discovered.
- I love working with other artists, designers, and creatives to have them help you learn and grow—and help them learn and grow.
We're a small team with a global mission.
Our goal is to entertain and inspire people around the globe through the power of art, kindness, and unique storytelling. We are a group of experienced builders and artists who believe in the power of imagination and collaboration.
Our audience is so passionate they have been fighting to get into our tight community. There has never been a better time to work in the evolving world of IP and NFTs.
How we work
At Humankind, we believe in a culture of freedom and responsibility, allowing serendipity to guide us. It might look like chaos for an outsider, but it's a shared consciousness.
We believe that freedom and autonomy feed motivation, so we all have the authority to organize around projects and seize the opportunity while accelerating our personal growth. The idea is to maintain relationships across a network without a central command. That means that people can hold multiple roles in numerous projects.
We’re decentralized but coherent and with a clear goal.